Elmer's is a name that is synonymous with school supplies. However, not only are they a reliable part of your back-to-school shopping, but they are working to help educate school children in means and methods of recycling!
The Elmer's Glue Crew Recycling Program was created to help teachers educate their students in eco-friendly practices. They offer projects, materials, lesson plans, and special offers. And you don't HAVE to work in the public school system to have these resources. Some adorable projects in the teachers' area would be perfect for at-home craft projects and homeschoolers as well as private school teachers. And they offer prizes. Who doesn't like prizes?!
You can help with the recycling effort by joining in their efforts and recycling your glue bottles! Click here to learn how!
Recycling, when taught early, can become a regular part of your child's life...and teach them now while they still get excited about new things! =)
To promote this program, Elmer's sent me a bright Elmer-orange backpack (love that!) full of glue.
And many of these I didn't even know about!
I was overwhelmed with their generosity. I will be keeping several of them for our home projects and maybe for a year or two's school supply. The rest will be donated to a teacher friend of mine.
Elmer's Glue Crew Recycling Program is going to send one lucky winner a prize package of similar proportions to the one I showed you above. Seriously....lotsa' stuff, people!
Mandatory Entry (must be completed before any others are considered):
Tell me one "green" thing your family does currently.
- Visit the Elmer's Teacher's Club and tell me what your favorite project is!
- Follow the Glue Crew on Twitter and comment here telling me you did.
- Follow the Glue Crew on Facebook and comment here telling me you did.
- Follow my blog (via Google Friend Connect in sidebar or RSS at top of blog) and comment telling me you did.
- Promote this giveaway via your blog (post the URL in the comments)
- Promote/link to this giveaway via Twitter (post your tweet in comments) - one post per day. Leave a comment with each tweet you make.
- Link to this giveaway via Facebook (leave a link in comments)
- Tell me how you found this giveaway
- Enter any of my open giveaways (1 entry per giveaway entered) - tell me which one in comments
- Post the Back to School BLOWOUT button (right sidebar) on your blog - leave me a comment to tell me you did so.
- Grab my regular Mrs Nespy's Frugal World button (right sidebar) for your blog - leave me a comment to tell me you did so.
Giveaway will run until August 23rd at 11:59 pm EST. Winner will be chosen by Random.org. US only. Commenter must either leave email address with each comment or make sure email address is attached to your profile. Winner will be contacted via email and will have 48 hours to return contact before another winner is chosen.
This post is part of my Back to School BLOWOUT! Click for more details!