Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our Financial Update #29 - June 2012

So as I start typing this, I'm ashamed to say that I have no idea what this update will look like, but based on memory alone, I think it will be ugly. Actually based on the fact that I don't know indicates that this will be ugly.

Boo for accountability.  But here it goes anyway.

Nailed it. A whopping $21 over my rough estimate of our monthly income.  Looks like my estimate isn't quite so "rough." 

Gasoline: $17 under I'm not really sure how, but it seems that we were under this month.  I guess because we filled up on the 31st of May? 
Electricity/Water: $6 under budget.  Does this even count as "under budget"?  Yes...yes it does.  =)  Don't month's power bill is higher than my monthly budget for the two items, so it won't last. That's summer around here for you.
Doctor: $25 under budget. No spending this month.  Which is odd because Abigail had a checkup on the 29th.  It must have just not cleared that month. But that makes it come out as "on budget" because that would use up the $25 with a copay.
Home Supplies: No spending.
Hair: No spending. I really need a trim and my color touched up, but in a month with such horrible spending, I knew I couldn't afford to spend it on that.
Toiletries: No spending.

Tithe: There is no question here. Any offerings above our tithe will not be noted because I'm not about bragging. But I do want you to know that we are giving 10% of our net income to our local church, as I feel it is important that you know that this is top priority to us.
Auto Insurance: No surprise here.
Television: As usual.
Term Life Insurance: Done
Mobile Phone: Nothing new here.
Alarm Monitoring: Usual deal.
Pest Control: Regular charges here. 

Auto Parts/Service: $30 over budget thanks to a not-at-home oil change. Now we remember why Chip does them at home. 
Eating Out: $450 over budget. Yeah...that makes me want to throw up. Seriously...that would have been another nice chunk of change off of a credit card balance and we spent it on food. I hate that. I plan on making a big change in that direction starting this month.
Groceries: $121 over budget even after all of the eating out. Gross and stupid.
Mortgage/HOA/Timeshare: $15 over budget for the first time ever. And I'm mad because it's because of my stupidity. I was late paying the HOA bill, so we had to pay a late charge of $15. GRRRRRR.
Clothing: $120 over budget. Actually this is because I desperately needed  And let me tell you...those things are EXPENSIVE.  I remember now why I wear them until they fall apart now!

  • Spent $550 on start up costs for Chip's genealogy business, which I will discuss more later. 
  • Spent $116 on Kids "free" bowling.  Don't ask. We've had discussions about it. 
  • Cancelled my weight watchers account because I'm not using it, so it is just proving to be a money suck.
  • Spent $87 on Abigail's birthday presents
  • Spent $44 on her birthday party (above what I'd already spent in May). Not too bad. 
  • Spent $69 on Army supplies before Chip leaves for his orders.
  • Didn't send nearly enough to our credit cards. Just the minimum this month because I already saw the above travesty happening.

Debt Paid off Since May 2012: $70.39 (pathetic)
Debt Paid off Since October 14, 2009: $21,074.58
Change in Networth from May 2012: $532.89 (at least it's in the positive direction)
Change in Networth from October 14, 2009: $44,270.07

Did you do any better than I did this month?


Post a Comment


Mrs. Nespy's World | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates