Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gifts to Save You Money

If you are anything like us, you are finding yourself this year on a more limited budget than you might have found yourself in the past.  Or maybe you're just attacking debt.  Or maybe you're doing fine financially but decided there is no reason to spend a lot of money on Christmas presents when you can make some that mean more to the recipients.

Regardless of why you're reading this post, obviously you are looking for some low cost alternatives for Chritsmas presents.  Here are some ideas that I've run across (mostly on Pinterest) for some great gift ideas that won't break the bank.

Click through below (sorry - I didn't want all of the photos clogging up my front page).


Bath and Body Products:
Scented Bath Salts - how lovely and feminine these look!

 
 

Candy Cane Sugar Scrub - Very holiday-esque as well as refreshing!

Homemade Bath Fizzies - Martha Stewart teachesYOU how to be Martha Stewart!



Lemon Salt Scrub - I love citrus year round!


Homemade Sugar Scrubs - How festive these look!  But you could do them for any season!

Vanilla Brown Sugar Body Scrub - I almost want to eat this!


Yummy Eats:

Pies in a Jar - warm and cozy!

Holiday Shaped Brownies - why didn't I think of this?!

Cocoa Candy Candy Marshmallows - the perfect (and easy ) addition to your holiday mug


White Chocolate Peppermint Oreos - delicious!

White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn - love sweet and salty together!

No Assembly Required!

Classic Cocoa Mix - it doesn't get much more wintry than this!

Cookies for Santa Mix - Great for families with kids. Make some cookies for Santa while enjoying family time!


DIY S'mores Kits - it really doesn't get much easier than this - AND it's adorable!


Mocha Cocoa - for that coffee lover on your list!


Peppermint Stick Cocoa - So easy and delicious!


Just a Little Bit of Work - Miscellaneous
Snowman Kits - This makes me wish we saw snow more often!

Scrabble Tile Coasters - Love!

Mason Jar Lotion/Soap Dispenser - a great gift for many occasions!

Personal Picture Clock - how wonderful!

Scrabble Tile Picture Frame - would work for any occasion! Cheap and so special!

Snowmen Handprint Ornaments - How awesome for grandparents!

Wedding Invitation Ornament - Perfect for their first Christmas together!

I Spy Bottle for the Kids - perfect for long holiday trips!

Lace vases - yes...you can do this!

Festive Trays for your holiday - from the dollar store!

So there are LOTS of ideas for all of us to try! Have fun!

5 comments:

  1. I started planning Christmas presents a little bit last night, so thank you for these ideas. I think I'll do at least some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas! For the last few years, I've made up some homemade gifts for family to try to avoid spending so much out of pocket.

    I'm still going to try to do a little this year even though I'll have a newborn to care for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff! I really like using the scrabble tiles. And who wouldn't love the white chocolate dipped Oreos with crushed peppermint?!

    I collect handmade gift ideas on my blog as well, and these are really good ones! I hope you don't mind if I link to this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing so many fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these ideas but how can I get the instructions?

    ReplyDelete