Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WFMW - Unusual Place to Put Vicks

As cooler weather approaches, so do the stuffy noses, runny noses (seriously...how can they be stuffy and runny at the same time?!), and the like. With little ones in daycare we exponentially increase our risk each year of getting and keeping colds.

What works for us?

A few years ago when Patrick was little, an experienced mom told us to put Vapor rub on the bottoms of his feet. This would work better than on his chest, she said.

We thought it sounded crazy, but we tried it anyway.

You know what?

It worked! It worked much better than putting it on his chest. And why is that?

I have no idea.

I don't know if it stays on better or if it absorbs through his feet (you know those weird Chinese get-the-toxins-out-via-your-feet pads) or what, but it works.

I can't tell you why, but I can tell you that it works for me.

Go visit We Are THAT Family to see what works for everyone else too!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! I have never heard of that one. I have a sick hubby right now. Who knows? Maybe he'll try it with his stuffy old self.

    Thanks for sharing this idea, and I am enjoying my visit to your blog, too. I hope you'll stop over and visit me at Free 2 Be Frugal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, totally great go-to trick! AND it keep it out of their eyes and off their little hands! I usually add some socks to keep it neat:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dill Family--I'm glad someone else has heard of this!

    ReplyDelete