In efforts to help families manage healthcare costs, Publix offers a selection of some of the most often prescribed medications at NO COST to you. There is no limit how many times you use this service, who your insurance provider is (or if you have one), or how many you need filled that day.
Here is a current (5/7/12) list of prescriptions you can currently get for free at the pharmacy inside your local Publix grocery store:
- Lisinopril - An ACE inhibitor, lisinopril is used to prevent, treat, or improve symptoms of high blood pressure, certain heart conditions, diabetes, and certain chronic kidney conditions. Get a 30-day supply of this vital prescription FREE* only at your Publix Pharmacy. * Maximum of 30 days supply (up to 60 tablets). Lisinopril-HCTZ combination products excluded.
- Metformin - As part of the Publix Pharmacy Diabetes Management System, you can get up to a 30-day supply (90 tablets) of generic immediate-release metformin (500mg, 850 mg, and 1000 mg) FREE.
- Antibiotics - Get up to a 14-day supply of the following generic oral antibiotics free:
- Cephalexin (capsules and suspension only)
- Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim (SMZ-TMP)
- Ciprofloxacin (excluding Ciprofloxacin XR)
- Penicillin VK
- Doxycycline Hyclate (capsules only)