- Use ketchup to clean your copper post. Rub some on, leave 5-30 minutes (depending on the level of tarnish) and rinse. That easy!
- If your dishwasher is starting to smell, at a cut lemon into the utensil holder and proceed with normal wash cycle. The dishes and the dishwasher will be clean and smell lemony.
- Adding vinegar to your dish washing water or dishwater will prevent water stains (and clean scum build up out of your dishwasher).
- If you have some stinky garbage (raw seafood or meat) that needs to go in the trash but you're a long way from garbage pickup day, wrap it up and stick it in the freezer. When trash pickup day arrives, drop into your trashcan. No smell in your house or trashcan.
- Don't forget to clean the underside of the overhanging edges of your counter tops. Trust me...you don't want to discover this on your own.
- Clean sponges by microwaving them for 1 minute.
It's a short list, but it's what I got. =)
Photo credit: konr4d