Monday, November 23, 2009

8 Reasons I am Thankful


  1. Husband. I have a husband who loves me and truly cares about my happiness. Seriously...he has proven that he is in it for the long haul. He puts up with my stubbornness (me? no!), and still professes his love for me. He would rather me with our family than anywhere else. He is a fantastic father. I am truly blessed.
  2. Kids. We have two of the greatest kids to ever exist. I know...all parents believe that about their own children. We happen to be right. Seriously...they are well-behaved, good natured, loving little people, and we are blessed to have them living in our home with us.
  3. Health. Yes, we have our health. We have had health scares in our house, but in the end, we're all great. We have two perfectly healthy children. We are truly blessed in that our bodies work the way they should when so many intricate processes could go awry.
  4. My upbringing. I was raised in a close, Christian family. We didn't always get along. We had our (huge) share of problems, but altogether, we did and truly do love each other. We know we can rely on one another when the world is against us. We know that we have a friend to talk to at the other end of the telephone. I am who I am greatly because of how I was raised.
  5. Home. We have a home. And to boot, we have a nice house. We have never wanted for anything in this housing department. We are cool in the summer and warm in the winter. We are dry in the rain and have no major deficiencies in our living condition.
  6. Job. During this difficult economic time for our country, I still have a job. Too many people, including Chip, have not fared as well through cutbacks and layoffs, but we still have an income and are able to live off of my earnings.
  7. God has provided. Through this period of an income shortage, God is still providing. He has allowed extra money to find us when we would need it and He is making sure that we are making ends meet. He is so faithful.
  8. We worship. We are free to worship God as we please. We do not experience persecution. We do not have to hide our beliefs. We can read our Bible without hiding. We can sing songs to God loudly. We can openly meet in a place of worship. We can proclaim His glory in our surroundings. We are free.

Photo credit: aslave4christ

No comments:

Post a Comment