- Bandages/Gauze/Tape—Assorted sizes are a must for the most basic of first aid.
- Alcohol & Hydrogen Peroxide—Most basic needs for cleaning wounds.
- Antiseptics/Antibiotic Creams--to prevent infection in a cut or wound
- Thermometer--must have for cold/flu season
- Tweezers—Removing splinters, ticks, stray hairs. =)
- Pain Killers—Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen and Aspirin should cover all the bases.
- PeptoBismal or similar—covers a number of stomach ailments.
- Ice Pack/Hot Water Bottle—to use for swelling or muscle aches.
Sure there are others…cough medicine, antihistamines, eyewash, compression kit…that would also be a great addition, but in sticking with the most basic, this would be my list.
What would you add to this list?
Join me next week for items to add to this list for those of us with kids!
Photo credit: vetcw3