Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WFMW - Helping Baby Dress

With a new baby in the house, I am always looking for tricks to help me out in dealing with this little one. And although this isn't my first time around, I certainly can't claim to know everything.

However, I have discovered a "hack" to help me dress our daughter.

When putting on a shirt, she often likes to bend her arms or make them almost completely limp, making it hard to get her little arms through a long-sleeve and successfully out the other end. I found out though, if I just stick my index finger through the wrist of the sleeve and poke her hand, like any baby will, she will immediately grasp my finger with her precious little hand and hold on (for dear life it seems). I can then easily pull her arm all the way out the end with little effort and time on my part.

So that's What Works for Me. Go visit We Are THAT Family and see what works for everyone else!


Photo credit: Victoria Bjorkman

3 comments:

  1. Smart thinking mommy! When you haven't had a little one in a while, you forget just how tricky it can be to pull off the dressing routine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! I wish I had thought of that when I was helping dress my younger cousins over Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so precious. I love the picture!

    ReplyDelete