Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WFMW - Using Trip Meter on Car

For today's Works for Me Wednesday, I will share with you what I use the trip meter of my odometer on my car for.

I have a Trip A and a Trip B. I utilize them both.

Trip A is reset every time I refill my gas tank. I use this mileage and divide by the amount of gas I put into the tank to get my (rough) miles per gallons performance. It's not an exact science, of course, but it's a good estimate. By doing this I have found out which weeks of speeding have done the worst damage on my mileage and which gas stations have gasoline that gives decreased performance (and thus avoid those stations).

Trip B has a different purpose. Because Chip typically changes our oil at home, I reset this one with each oil change. That way I can keep up with when the next oil change is coming up and remind him (since I'm the one who sees my odometer frequently).

So, plain and simple, I know. However, we get good use out of our Trip Meters in helping us maintain our vehicles.

That is what works for our household. Head over to We Are THAT Family to see what works for other people!

Photo credit: nateOne

No comments:

Post a Comment